September 3, 2013

School

The time had come for Avery to go to school.  She is a very active child and was finding herself, well, bored at home.  She likes constant activity and being busy and longed for music and art and P.E.  Finding these classes outside of a traditonal school setting is a very time-consuming effort, unless you have the option of a great homeschool co-op.  Unfortunately, we don't have that option in our area.  SO, after taking a tour of one of the Christian schools in our area, we made the decision that this was the year!  AND...she LOVES it!  She is in a class of 11, six girls and five boys.  She has fit in beautifully and seems to be right where she needs to be academically {I did worry that maybe I hadn't done enough at home and she would be a bit behind}.  Overall, we are very pleased with the school and feel she is in great hands.  

Cameron will be at home again this year.  He is quite content.  He is more of an introvert and doesn't seem to need the same level of activity that his sister requires.  He will be doing the Ron Paul Curriculum.  The classes were just made available yesterday, so he hasn't started yet.  I plan to download the needed materials over the next couple of days and have him start next Monday.  So far, I really like what I see with this curriculum.  It will be very challenging, for sure, but right up Cameron's alley.

Here are some first day pics!





She's ready to go!



All-school breakfast

After school treat

Dinner out to celebrate her first day!  Cameron was in Iowa with Gpa and Gma.

This was probably day 4.  I thought she looked so cute in her little jumper!  There are no uniforms but a pretty strict dress code (until 6th grade).

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog! I'm glad that Avery is enjoying school! I know what you mean about the extrovert's need for socialization and activity. Bella is that way, too! That's wonderful that Avery's class has only 11 kids in it. Bella and Gigi's classes usually have about 20-25 kids in them! 11 kids sounds like a dream. :)

    Fingers crossed that Cameron enjoys the RP curriculum, but I'm sure he will! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete