March 3, 2012

Good News/Bad News

The good news is that Cameron's food tests revealed no major food allergies (so no need to do the GAPS diet at this point, although we may still do a modified version).  There was ONE food under the "Severe" category and it was...wait for it...LEMON.  LEMON???  How random is THAT?  We also got the results of his neurotransmitter test and that showed several of his brain chemicals to be high.  This explains SO much!!  We don't know for sure WHY they are high (had he had severe food allergies, that could have been at least partly to blame) but suspect it's that pesky Lyme Disease.  The naturopath put Cameron on a couple of supplements, an amino acid, and a homeopathic remedy and, WOW, what a difference these things have made!  He is really like a different kid.  Much more relaxed and NO MORE obsessive-compulsive thoughts!  PRAISE THE LORD!  I wish every kid on psychiatric drugs could see a good naturopath. 

Now for the bad news.  I have shingles.  In dealing with Cameron's issues, I totally stopped taking care of myself.  I did a lot of stress eating.  And I can't tell you the last time I exercised.  Sadly, this not taking care of myself caught up with me and now I have shingles.  THANKFULLY, it seems to be a pretty mild case.  While I do have pain, it's not unbearable.  I am taking everything under the sun to get me through this quickly:  L-Lysine, Garlic, Echinacea, Colostrum, Olive Leaf Extract, Apple Cider Vinegar, etc.  I am also diffusing essential oils in my room.  I am staying pretty close to home, although I did manage to get out for our Ron Paul sign wave this afternoon.  :)
Ed and the kids are being real troopers while I'm "down and out."  I'm so thankful that the kids are old enough to fend for themselves if they have to. 

With shingles comes fatigue.  So, on that note, I'm off to bed....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry sorry you have shingles! But that is wonderful news you are seeing such great progress with Cameron -- wow!

    I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see this update! Food allergies are no fun. We've also had experience with totally random results--remember when Bella tested positive for moderate allergies to pear and banana?? What is up with that?! Great news that Cameron is seeing results with the supplemenets! I hope you are recovered from the shingles by now. I had a mild case in college. It wasn't fun, but definitely not as bad as it is sometimes described.

    ReplyDelete