December 1, 2011

25 Days of Christmas

I simply cannot believe that December has arrived.  It doesn't seem possible.  We have had a very busy fall with a lot of ups and downs.  Thankfully, we have had more ups than downs, but the downs (primarily health issues and concerns) have given us cause to reevaluate our lifestyle.  With much thought and prayer, we have decided to RADICALLY change the way we eat around here.  Beginning sometime in January, we will be going on The GAPS Diet.  What this means is that we will cease to eat grains and sugar!  This is not a diet that you can start overnight.  It takes much preparation and concentration and a willingness to learn new ways to prepare food!  With that said, I have already determined that our little family of four will be hibernating the entire month of January.  We will not be going anywhere except to our regular scheduled activities and the grocery store.  I anticipate spending LOTS of time in the kitchen!  I have already begun collecting recipes, purchasing new kitchen equipment, such as a dehydrator, and reading as many GAPS-related books and blogs as I possibly can.  I'm even thinking about starting a blog that will specifically track our progress on the diet.  I think this would be a wonderful tool for people within the Lyme community who are struggling. 

Given the BIG changes and challenges that lie ahead for our family, I have decided to do something fun every day between now and Christmas!  I want to really enjoy this beautiful season and create an atmosphere of fun and anticipation!  So, to start off these 25 days of fun, here are a couple of things we did today:


We started our Eric Carle Advent Calendar






The kids got some Starbucks at the grocery store...a very special treat for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment